You know it’s important to keep your workplace computers as secure, up to date and clutter-free as possible, but spending time on these routine tasks often falls to the bottom of your to-do list in favor of more deadline-oriented work.
You can make the process easier by following these tips to help optimize your business computers. Once you perform these tasks, tech support services in Mesa, AZ can assist with questions or with performing the more advanced tasks:
- Change your passwords: If it’s been a while since you changed passwords, be sure to do this as soon as you can. This goes for passwords for any websites or services you use, not simply the password you enter to log in to your computer. To keep data as safe as possible from potential security threats, passwords should be at least 10 characters long and incorporate a blend of lowercase and uppercase letters, as well as symbols and numbers.
- Back up your files: If your company isn’t already backing up its files, you should begin doing so now. You might decide to use an external drive, a cloud-based system or offsite storage. A tech services support company can help you determine the best solution for your needs.
- Remove old files: Regularly emptying your computer’s trash folder clears space on your computer and reduces confusion about which files you should or shouldn’t be working with. You should also look through all of your files and delete or archive those that you no longer need.
- Clean your computer’s interior and exterior: A clean computer makes for a more enjoyable user experience, and can also help your system to last longer. Removing any dust and dirt that has built up inside and around your machine can increase the efficiency of your computer’s fan and air intakes. Clean out the crumbs in your keyboard by turning it upside down or using a can of compressed air to remove any remnants between the keys. You can also wipe the keys with a paper towel that has been slightly moistened with rubbing alcohol. Clean your computer’s monitor with a microfiber cloth to remove any dust or dirt.
- Delete unused programs: If you downloaded a program or application for one-time use, or there are programs you no longer need, uninstalling them will clear up some space.
While these aren’t all of the steps you can take to help optimize your office computers, they’re a good start toward a proactive plan to make the user experience smoother and your system more efficient. If reading through these tips led to the realization that it would be helpful for your business to work with tech support services in Mesa, AZ, or you’re interested in learning about the services available to you, contact us today.
Apogee Compliance Group Inc. offers a variety of IT services, including cloud solutions, backup, disaster recovery, cyber security protection, server and network management, HIPAA compliance support, Legacy AS/400 hosting, network monitoring and scanning and much more. We can also provide your company with computer hardware, network hardware, servers and more. Our expert technicians strive to keep our clients protected and safe from potential network attacks and security breaches. Get in touch with us today for more information.
Categorised in: Tech Support Services
This post was written by Writer